Saturday, January 11, 2014

What Kind of Nuts?

As I look back through the things I've written on this here blog, I notice there are more posts about stuff my boy, Caleb, says than anything else. He's a constant source of fun material. Sometimes one of his friends will also say something that is worth a laugh, and worth sharing.

He was playing with a five year old boy from the neighborhood recently, and the two of them had the following conversation: (This is all true; I can't make this stuff up.)

Friend: Have you seen "Space Balls?"

Caleb: No.

Friend: It's funny. There's a guy that looks like Darth Vader, but he's called Dark Helmet. And he kicks someone in the peanuts!

Caleb: You shouldn't say that.

Friend: What?

Caleb: You said a bad word.

Friend: Huh-uh. That's what it's called.

Caleb: Really?

Friend: Yeah, it's called your peanuts.

Caleb: Oh. Okay.

I'm glad he has a source of accurate information. This means I don't have to worry about talking with him about the sensitive topics when he gets a little older. He'll learn everything he needs to know from his peers.



Always guard your peanuts when this guy's around.
Image courtesy of fanpix.net

No comments:

Post a Comment