Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm Like, WAY Behind

Lately, it seems I've refused to be intimidated into a conventional belief in things like deadlines for work projects, due dates on school assignments, and "promises" I've made to get things done around the house.


I'm so far behind, I'm almost ahead. It's like once when I was running in a footrace. (This was a LONG time ago, when I would sometimes run just for fun. Nowadays, I need something chasing me.) I was so slow, after a few minutes the other kids came around the track and almost lapped me. But it appeared as though I was in the lead! They were all behind and I was in front... never mind how we got that way.


I guess that only works when you're running in circles. Too bad our lives move along this linear timeline, never looping around to the beginning. I just need to suspend belief in that whole situation, and I'll be fine. First, I'd better catch up on a few things...

No comments:

Post a Comment